SkinPen® Micro-Needling Facial with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) or Stem Cells. A quick procedure with little downtime. With SkinPen®, the days of having to choose between fast, safe or effective are over.
SkinPen is a medical grade, state-of-the-art microneedling device designed to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars on the face and body. SkinPen allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair process by creating thousands of precise micro-injuries in the dermis, automatically triggering new collagen synthesis without causing scar tissue formation.
SkinPen® can be used to help your Skin Tone & Fight The Signs Of Aging
The natural process of aging causes our body’s systems to slow down, including the process of skin renewal. Although many topicals exist to help against anti-aging, microneedling with SkinPen® serves as a healthy skin alternative that stimulates your skins specific needs. Microneedling is a procedure that awakens your skin. This “awakening” of your skin helps to diminish the signs of aging. The specially formulated Skinfuse® post-procedure kit delivers the right ingredients at the right time.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is a candidate?
One of the most exciting things about SkinPen® is that it can be used on all types of skin, on all skin colors. Talk to your SkinPen® provider to discuss specific needs.
- What areas of the body can it be used for?
SkinPen®’s variable needle depth allows for versatility and therefore it can be used on many parts of the body, including the face, neck, and décolleté.
- How long does the procedure take and will it hurt?
The procedure typically takes 30 minutes. Most SkinPen users apply a topical anesthetic to the skin prior to the procedure. This allows for a relatively pain-free experience. Ask your doctor what they do to ensure patient comfort during the micro-needling procedure.
- What is the downtime and what side effects should I expect?
The total healing time depends on each individual patient. Most patients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild sunburn) for 2-4 days. Some patients may heal completely in 24 hours. *Individual results will vary.
- When will I see results?
Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress over the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to 3-6 months following your final session. *Individual results will vary.
- How many procedures are recommended?
The number of procedures required will be determined by your skincare professional based upon your individual procedure goals and the health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of 3 procedures spaced about 4 weeks apart. Your provider will develop a procedure plan specific to you and also a maintenance plan to help maintain the rejuvenating effects.
- Do I have to use a certain product line with SkinPen®?
We recommend Skinfuse® post-microneedling. Please consult your skincare professional on which products will best fit you post-microneedling.
- Can I wear make-up immediately following a procedure?
Patients typically can resume their normal makeup regimen 2-3 days following their SkinPen® procedure depending on the area and type of procedure performed.
- Is there anyone who should not use SkinPen®?
SkinPen® is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
SkinPen® users should take precaution when determining whether the SkinPen® procedure is right for them. Consult your provider to discuss whether SkinPen® is right for you.