Facials are a popular treatment offered at spas. Many people get regular facials just because they are fun and relaxing, but they can also significantly improve the appearance of your skin. In addition to removing blackheads, shrinking pores, exfoliating, hydrating, toning and tightening the skin, they can make your complexion clear and smooth with a visibly younger appearance. At Anazao MD you can choose to have a medical-grade acne facial, a medical-grade anti aging facial, or a medical-grade anti-inflammatory facial.
What happens during a facial?
A facial is a complicated procedure with multiple steps. Luckily, all the patient has to do is relax and let the professionals do all the work. Although there are many variations on facials, a basic procedure consists of the following steps:
- Consultation: During the consultation, you will be asked about your goals, usual facial care routine, and whether you use Retin-A.
- Dressing: An appropriate wrap is applied to protect your clothing. Sometimes you will be asked to undress before putting it on, but not always.
- Cleansing: The skin will be thoroughly cleaned using appropriate products for your skin type.
- Skin analysis: Using special lighting and possibly magnifying devices, your skin will be carefully examined to determine possible problems and to evaluate what type of skin care routine is right for you.
- Steam: Steam will be applied to your face for a period of time to hydrate the skin and open the pores. Opening the pores will assist in extraction of blackheads and whiteheads if that step is necessary.
- Exfoliation: The loose, dead outer layer of cells will be removed. The method applied will depend on your skin’s needs. Mechanical, enzymatic, or chemical exfoliation may be applied. In addition, if desired and necessary, a mild chemical peel can also be applied to further rejuvenate the skin.
- Massage: Next, a relaxing facial massage will be applied. In addition to being relaxing, massage can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles by loosening tight muscles and can help to tone and tighten the skin.
- Mask: A facial mask targeted to your skin type will be applied. Masks nourish the skin, remove excess oil and sebum, can help prevent blemishes, and can tone and tighten the skin.
- Applications: The final step of the facial is applying appropriate products for your skin, including toner, serum, moisturizers, anti-wrinkle creams, and possibly sunscreen.
- Advice: At the end of the facial, the esthetician generally offers advice as to home care of your skin.
Contact Anazao MD today to schedule your facial appointment! We are conveniently located in Steamboat Springs, CO.